I HAVE A 95 2.2 4CYL CHEVY S10. ITS MANUAL AND I WANT TO INSTALL A TACH INSTRUMENT CLUSTER BUT THIS TRUCK DID NOT COME WITH A STOCK TACH CLUSTER. HOW CAN I DO THIS?

1995 Chevrolet S-10 • 89,000 miles

Does not have white wire coming out of dash.
Fryebaby623

Harnesses are different. You would have to run a new wire to the ignition coil to the tach terminal in the cluster

There are 2 ignition coils one is for 1 and 2 cylinder, the other is for 3 and 4 cylinder. Which one do I attach the wire to?

Fryebaby623
You need to hook it to the module to catch the tach wire. Look at the wire diagram

Thank you. I will definatly try this.

Fryebaby623
Good luck

I could be mistaken but I wanted a tach on my 2000 2.2 automatic rwd s-10 and I took the instument cluster out of an s-10 extremme (1999) and now I have a tachometer so the same should work 4 you. Cost me 15 bucks at the junk yard it was plug and play basicly once I pulled the dash apart a lill hope this helps : )

Jacob62
@ Jacob62. I did pull a different cluster from a similar year vehicle but I did not have the wire to hook up to the harness in the back of the cluster. I hooked up the wire according to the wiring diagram that ASEMaster6371 so graciously sent me. It did work with a little patience and aggravation but I got it! Thank you both so much for your inputs! I hope this helps anyone else out there that needs similar assistance!

Fryebaby623