CHEVROLET LUMINA STEERING PROBLEM

1995 Chevrolet Lumina • 205,000 miles

I have had power steering problems for a few months with my car. It was whining and I had to replace fluid at least three times a week. Last week, we replaced the pump in the parts store parking lot. The starter decided to go out as well (had been having problems with it for over a year) as well as what my mechanic called the AC compressor located at the bottom front on the serpentine belt. After the car was running again, using a bypass part for the AC compressor, the power steering pump still whined. It's a different whine than before but still coming form that side of the engine. Leak is much worse. Seems to be coming from the pressure hose as there is a small pool of fluid in the elbow of the hose as well as fluid where the hose connects to the pump. Yesterday I drove the car 10 miles. Replaced fluid twice just to get the vehicle home. The steering even with fluid has become almost impossible. The whining even louder. Any suggestions or tips on this issue?

If the leak is the high pressure hose, that can cause you to loose assist. Check and repair the leak. Also, make sure that you bled all air from the system.