CHEVY BRAKE LIGHTS

1995 Chevrolet Lumina • 15,500 miles

The brake lights do not work on our car if the driver is going straight. If turning right the turn signal and left brake work like normal. If turning left, the left turn signal works but no right brake light. The bulbs are fine and so is fuse. Other ideas? The car is 1995 Chevy Lumina. Thank you.
Melchriscan

Does the high-mount brake lite work ok? The lower brake lites are wired throught the turn signal switch, turn/stop use the same bulb filament, just not at the the same time. The wiring diagram is below, check for voltage on the proper circuit, when problem is ongoing. Brown wire is voltage for tail lamps, black is ground, the other color is stop/turn.

The high mount brake light has not worked for a while but the wife just told me that.

Melchriscan
That might just be a bulb? On the other issue, if no voltage on that circuit when there should be, I'd have to track the circuit back to the turn switch. There is usually a multiwire connector under the dash, close to steering column for wires going into and from the steering column, you can check voltage there. You may need to disarm air-bag, just in case.

Thank you!

Melchriscan
Hope you got it going your way.