C4 STARTS GOOD WHEN COLD, BUT IS HARD TO START WHEN HOT?

1995 Chevrolet Corvette • 140,000 miles

1995 C4 Corvette starts good when cold, but when hot, It starts and stubbles, backfires, and usually dies. If I keep starting it, it will eventually crank up and run fine. It may take 4-5 tries in a row, but it will then crank up and run normally? The car drives great, and runs good when it starts.
Davidgooch

Check fuel pump pressure when the problem happens. You may have a weak pump.

I will check the Fuel Pressure tomorrow morning. I have a test gauge on the way. I did find a couple of vacuum leaks and re-connected them. I also checked the resistance of the injectors and found them all to read 12.6 except one and it read 13.7? I don't know if this was good or bad. These readings were taken with the engine cool. Should I do it again with the engine warm? Just out of curiosity, would this condition exist if the Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) were malfunctioning? I had a ford Bronco do the exact oppisite, Ran good once warmed up, but flooded like when cold. I'll let you know tomorrow morning how the Fuel Pressure test goes. Thank you.

Davidgooch
The CTS is designed to tell the computer how rich or lean the fuel mixture should be based on ambient temp and coolant temp. So yes, it could play a role. However, I would rule out other things first.

It used to be so much easier when cars didn't have so many electronics. (Lol)