TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

1995 Chevrolet Camaro • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 133,000 miles

95 chevy camero, 4.3L, v6l problems (possibly same sourse).50 to 60 mph car shakes BADLY IN OVERDRIVE ONLY. AND. TRANSMISSION DOES NOT GO INTO REVERSE AND THE NEUTRAL POSITION GOES FORWARD ALSO. IDEAS?
Gilkelley

Have any warning lights come on?

No warning lights have came on and I checked the fluid level and it is ok. Someone suggested the shaking was caused by the Torque Converter not locking up. But what about the other problems?

Gilkelley
It could be a bad torque converter or TCC solenoid. Have that checked.

There seems to e cbe a lot of things going on in the transmission area (shaking, no reverse gear, forward in all the other gears including neutral, ect) Could all of these things be caused by the same thing? Could the Torque Converter or the TCC solenoid cause these problems?

Gilkelley
If the torque converter isn't releasing, it will seem as if it isn't coming out of gear. Also, the reverse issue is odd. That can be a broken reverse band. I have also seen situations where the low / reverse clutch pack retainers have broken and the vehicle is always in drive (even when placed in reverse they fight themself).