I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY 95 3.4L

1995 Chevrolet Camaro • 193 miles

The car drives perfectly but the heater is not working and where the oil for the engine is located there is steam coming out of it but no smoke comes out of the muffler and the car over heats after a while it only cools down when the fan turns on and the fan turns on only when I turn the a/c on I tried everything I change the thermostat I change the hose I flush the radiator I even change the oil still the fan does not cut on when the engine gets hot
Ricoslider

The fan could be malfunctioning for 2 reasons; Either the relay is bad or the temp sensor switch is bad. If you have a temp gauge, you will have 2 temp sensors near the thermostat housing. If the heater is not working the heater core valve cable is broke or out of its clamp. Steam coming out of the oil fill is a sign of a blown head gasket.

You have a bad coolant temperature sensor. The one you want to replace is on the driver side just below the thermostat housing.

Homer1967
But where is the heater core located and where is the heater control valve at

Ricoslider
The heater core is under the dash just a little to the passenger side of center. You will see 2 coolant hoses going into the firewall. One of them will have a cable running to it and that is the ingoing coolant. The cable is held by a bracket and it often comes loose and will not work the lever. When the levers get old they get hard to move too. So, see if you can turn the lever by hand and get some heat to at least get some anti-freeze flowing through there until you can fix it.
You have to take of the heater box to the left of the blower motor to get to the heater core.

Can I reach it by goin thru the hood of the car or I have to do it from the inside of the car

Ricoslider
You have to go from under the dash. It is not a fun job. Start by taking the blower motor box off and then you will see how the control cables for the vents come off, note their position. Then when you get to the core there is one nut holding it to the firewal right about in the middle of the 2 heater core hoses. Be careful when you re-install and make sure the drip tube for the AC evaporator does not get kinked.
It is not such a bad job, I just hate working under the dash.

Because when I have to turn the switch to hot its very tight and hard to turn so basiclly I remove the a/c control inside the car to get there it is basiclly by the water pump if im not mistaken

Ricoslider
I am giving you the remove and install instructions. There are 2 figures, (6 and7), reffered to in the instructions, I gave you those as well. You should be good to go.
Instructions are broken into 2 parts as screenshot only allows so much room. Of course put number1 above number 2.