REPLACED PRESS CONTROL VALVE IN TRANNY CODE SAID THAT WAS PROBLEM DO I HAVE TO RESET COMPUTER BEFORE IT WILL WORK

1995 Chevrolet Blazer • 216,000 miles

Scan on engine lite said pressure contol valve in tranny was bad do I have to reset computer before it will make it work
Ed Carter

A code number never identifies a bad part, just a failed system.

The valve you replaced may or may not have been the issue as the front pump pressure needs to be checked. The wiring, which is a common issue may be at fault as well. All this needs to be checked before you start replace any parts.

Try this: Gasoline
Turn ignition switch to ON position, and ground diagnostic test terminal "B" at DLC connector. See Fig. 1. Turn ignition switch to OFF position, and remove control module fuse from fuse block for 30 seconds. Replace fuse. Remove diagnostic terminal ground lead. If fuse cannot be located, disconnect pigtail at battery. However, this may result in loss of other on-board memory data, such as preset radio tuning. After power to PCM is removed, poor driveability may occur until control module "relearns" operating parameters.