CHARGING SYSTEM?

1995 Chevrolet Blazer • 136,000 miles

I have a 1995 Chevy Blazer LS, last december I put a new alternator in the car. Today I was driving on a long road trip when it died, acting like the alternator had gone out. I had it towed to an Auto Zone and had both the battery and the alternator tested, they both tested ok. When I got back on the road the car died again approximately 6 miles away. What could possibly be keeping it from charging the battery and how can I fix this quickly and cheaply?
NB1433

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

I just bought one, I'm not entirely sure what I'm checking for but I thought it might prove usefully to have one on hand.

NB1433
Alright lets start by checking the voltage at the battery cables at idle?Then at idle with the inside blower fan on high ac on head lights on high beam?

Ok so I ended up relpacing the battery based off a friends advice who had a similar issue and it worked beautifully, at first. I made it about 150 miles before the car decided to die though this time it wasn't like last time. Now th power is fine but it acts like its out of gas, which is unfortunate because I'm thinking the fuel pump went out and I had just filled it with about 15 gallons of gas. On the plus side it got me nearly home so I had it towed to my house and tomorrow I'm going to throw it on my code readerand see if anything pops up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the help you've already provided.

NB1433
Interesting side note it decided to start a moment ago ran for about 2 minutes then died again now I'm completely confused.

NB1433
When it cranks and wont start see if you have spark?

It does have spark, it even catches sometimes but acts like it's not getting enough fuel. Incidentally pumping the gas pedal doesn't help.

NB1433
On a fuel injected car pumping the gas pedal does nothing. When you have a car with a carb and pump the pedal a accelerator squirts fuel into the throat of the carb. When it doesnt start is the security light on solid or flashing?

When it does start I didn't notice the security light on at all, it seems to run properly untill the the car abruptly dies.

NB1433
I was asking about the light being on when it doesnt start not when it starts.

Page 1 of 2