BUICK PARK AVENUE POWER STEERING PROBLEM

1995 Buick Park Avenue • 185,000 miles

Supercharger serpentine belt grooved idler pulley broke all to pieces and took out the stud that both the smooth pulley and the grooved pulley mount on. Can the bracket that the stud is on be replaced? It looks to me like the stud is part of the power steering pump mounting bracket, but it's hard to tell unless I remove the alternator, power steering pump and maybe more. I'd like to find out if it's replaceable before I go to all the trouble of taking the front of the engine off.
Bsullivan41

Can you post a picture?

I'll try, I took 3 photos the best I could. You can see the piece I'm talking about, it's the thing with the ragged ends.

Bsullivan41
I tried showing the location the best I could, it's the ragged looking piece just below the hoses, right next to the water pump pulley. The alternator is now removed and it looks like the piece is either part of a large bracket holding both the alternator and the power steering pump. I don't think GM would have used just one bracket for both of those things, so it must be part of the power steering pump bracket, I hope it is as I'm now going to remove everything and see! I just hope I can find a replacement bracket somewhere.

Bsullivan41
It is called "generator power steering pump bracket", carries all belt tensioners and idler pulleys. It is one big bracket that is discontinued by Buick and no dealership carries [only found on year 1995 Riviera and older Buick and Oldsmobile models (series I); years 1996 and later carry two brackets, one for each tensioner (series II)].
Note: there could be a additional bolt behind the bottom tensioner; it holds the bracket against what looks like a ground extension.

PaPaTaGa