HOW MANY MILES CAN A 95' LAST AND STILL DRIVE WELL? IS IT WORTH BUYING IF IT HAS THAT MANY MILES ON IT ALREADY?

1995 Buick Lesabre • 18,555 miles

Its a 95' Buick Lesabre and has 185,559 miles on it already. I'm buying it for $700 but need a reliable car that won't die on me and would love for it to last a long time
Elenav94

What you're hoping for has little to do with mileage. You can have all kinds of problems with a brand new car or with an old one. You have to consider what you call "reliable". To me, getting me back home means it was reliable. Some people get all bent out of shape if they hear a little wind noise over the wiper arms and they call that "unreliable".

In general, the older the car is, the fewer unnecessary computers it will have and that means fewer trips to the repair shop. You won't have as many toys and gimmicks that have nothing to do with moving you from place to place, but if all you want is to be sure you get to work on time, I wouldn't worry about the mileage.

Thanks!

Elenav94
One thing that wasnt mentioned here was how it was maintained for the 185,000 miles. Was the oil changed regularly?Or was that done few and far between and oil just added?Also was the transmission serviced like it should?Important things that if not done regularly could cut the life of the car way down.