SUDDENLY BEGAN STARTING HARD

1995 Buick Lesabre • 190,000 miles

Have a 1995 LeSabre with 190,000+ miles on it. It suddenly began starting hard, then wouldn't start at all. Replaced battery. Only get a click now.

It had been running a little odd for about a week and the check engine light stays on. Three different mechanics couldn't find a reason for the light. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you very much.
Dmr1128@hotmail.com

What is the exact code number you have?

I'm car stupid so where would I look for the code?

Dmr1128@hotmail.com
Down on the drivers side of the dash the lower part you will see a good size connector.I need to know if you have a 16 pin or 12 pin connector?

I embarrassed to say all I can find is the fuse box, so to speak. I checked fluid levels and I'm thinking maybe to not take up your time, I should try to see if my mechanic (we found one we trust!) Can get it to his shop. What does the connector look like? A big plug?

Dmr1128@hotmail.com
Its not real big it should be to the left of the steering wheel while your sitting in the car down towards the bottom edge of the dash.

Nothing there except the fuse box way under the dash near the floor. The only other thing remotely there is the trunk release. The rest is solid dashboard/safety cover. Did my parents buy a weird car? I went through the manual and also found nothing.

Dmr1128@hotmail.com
My husband texted me to look for where our emissions people plug in their testing stuff. I found an 8 opening plug.

Dmr1128@hotmail.com
Your on the right track but it should have a 12 pin or 16 pin terminals.