PLEASE HELP

1995 BMW 520 • 2WD Manual •

Hi, I have a 520i that is stuggling to start, but when it does if I touch the accelerator it dies again, can you tell me the problem?
Leeleavy

I can assist you. The issue might require some under the hood time, what is best for you?

Dr. Hagerty
Hi Dr Hagerty, I have basic skills under the hood, but by no means an expert. If you could let me know the problem I may be able to fix it myself, Im trying to avoid a big garage bill as im moving house atm and money is tight.

Leeleavy
Good enough for me mate, lets start with the easy stuff first. Do you have any of the history for the car? The problem you are experiencing might be due to something like a fuel pump failure(failure to make enough pressure) or a leak in the intake tract such as a torn intake boot or vacuum hose popped out. The 1995 model year was transitional for BMW so I request the last 7 of the vin so I can ID the car please.

Dr. Hagerty
Hi ive just been out to the car and was looking at the fuel injecters. I opend one up and tightend it back up. Tried to crank it over again and it worked?
I have no idea why lol.

Only thing I can think of is maybe it wasnt tight enough. Im baffled, but have a working car again so im not complaining lol.

Thank you very much for offering your help. Is there any way I can leave some feedback as ill leave you a good feeback. Once again thank you for your assistance. Lee.

Leeleavy
The site admin is sure to have that info. Mike@2carpros. Com will get you there mate, and the loose injector connector is certainly cause for the poor running thing, good on ya for finding it quickly!

Dr. Hagerty