HELLO! I HAVE TO REPLACE THE FUSIBLE LINK HARNESS ON A '94 . I CAN'T GET THE UPPER AND LOWER SECTIONS OF THE HARNESS APART TO REPLACE THE TOP PORTION. IS THERE SOME SORT OF RELEASE THAT I AM MISSING? THANKS.

1994 Toyota Previa • 133,000 miles

I fried the metal ring connector on the fusible link wire that attaches to the battery when accidentally reversing polarity on a battery jump. Unfortunately this necessitates replacement of the top portion of the fusible link. I can't get the two sections apart to replace the top. Is there some kind of release I'm not seeing on this thing? Also, does the fusible link wire connect to the positive terminal of the battery? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I'm providing pics of the component.

PeeWee58

Disconnect eh bottom part form teh top part first there may be another nut under the cover you can't see

The link shold n't be that long wher eit connectsnot all the way to battery

Disconnecting the bottom from the top is where I am having the problem. There are other wires attached to the bottom of the link harness that are recessed and not reachable by hand. Do I have to disconnect these maybe with some needlenose pliers or something to get those out? Externally there is no visible screw/locking apparatus that I can see to disconnect the bottom from the top. Should I send more (better) pics so you can see what I'm talking about?

PeeWee58
Where I have the arrows pinting those are the clips that lock it in place from the top. That cover should come off first. Look ofr other clips on the other side like that. It may be a little difficult but shoudl come off.

Whew! That took awhile, but your arrows helped. Also to confirm, the wire from the fusible link attaches to the + battery terminal, correct?

PeeWee58