WHY WOULD IT BE LEAKING OIL AND OVER HEATING?

1994 Toyota Paseo • 250,000 miles

Just Put in a new Radator, therostate, timing belt cover and repalced both belts. I try to drive it 5 miles. It was fine for about 2 miles then it overheated again to the point I melted it my timing belt cover (Top cover) wich I just replaced. The Radator sill has anti-freeze in it and seems normal. When I did an oil change on it the oil smelt really nasty. Im not sure if it is my head gasket or not.
Andrewcoakley

Is coolant in radiator full?
Was system bled of air?
Are the cooling fans working?
It is possible the head gasket is bad due to previous overheating as replacement of the radiator and thermostat indicates. Further testings would be required but the timing belt cover melting does not bode well.

Coolamt is full. Coolant fans work. I didnt bleed the air out? How do I bleed the air out? Thanks for the fast response.

Andrewcoakley
After everything installed, top up coolant. Run engine without radiator cap for a few minutes. Top up coolant whenever necessary. After 5 minutes, turn engine off.
Wait a few minutes and top up coolant. Start engine and top up coolant. Once coolant level stabilises, close radiator cap.

Run until operating temperature and stop engine. Wait for engine to cool down before removing radiator cap to check. Repeat above process until coolant stabilises.

The oil leak and melting timing belt cover indicates you most probably has damaged the head gasket.
You can try retorquing the cylinder head bolts to see if helps.

Thanks for all the info. Greatly apprecate it.

Andrewcoakley
You're welcome.

Btw I forgot one thing, turn the heater on while doing the bleeding, that would get all the air out of system as well.