TIMING 1.6 LITER 16 VALVE,

1994 Suzuki Aerio • 4 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 137,000 miles

Thanks for the help on the timing marks, now I need to know if there is a wire that needs to be grounded to set the timing on the distributor. Most cars with EGO and no vacuum advance have a wire that you ground to set the timing. My cheap Hanes manual doesn't say, and it seems to be retarded too much by just using the timing light. So is there a wire that needs grounded, and if so, what does it look like and where is it?
Shvlhead68

There should be a 4 pin connector near the battery that is covered with a plastic/rubber cap.

By bridging terminal C and D you can check the igniton timing and adjust according ly.

C = ground and D = test switch wire.

Sorry I am not able to post any diagrams as the new set-up does have any features to do it.

There is a 4 pin connector in front of the battery and jumping c and d doesn't do anything. The manual also says to jump b and c to get the check engine to flash the codes. That doesn't do anything, either. Any ideas?

Shvlhead68
Bridging C and D would not show anything significant. It would only stop the PCM from self adjusting the ignition timing while you are checking. Adjusting the distributor.