MITSUBISHI MIGHTY MAX ENGINE PROBLEM

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max • 25,000 miles

My engine is tapping real bad from under the head cover like the rocker arms are loose. It has plenty of oil preasure so I know it is getting oil. What do I do to repair are check to see if that is the problem?
Ghawk122

First pull the cover off to see what is making noise, as we dont' have a max in u.S. Then it could be a follower or a camshaft if an overhead cam engine. It could also be a reocker as well. If it'smaking noise you should be able to see it.

Wish they would have given me a answer from someone that knows about the 2.4 engine I asked about. Ended up go to the library and looking it up. Found that it has hydraulic adjusters in the rockers. They look like little bullets that go over the valves. I had two that where stuck and one that was wore out. Replaced all eight and the problem solved.

Thanks anyway

Ghawk122
Keep tab of the engine oil condition. Hydraulic lifters tends to fail easily when engine is heavily sludged.

Had you given engine size wwe cold have been more specific even if car not in u.S.