MITSUBISHI 3000GT STEERING PROBLEM

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT • 205,000 miles

Just recently purchased this vehicle last Sunday. Diagnosed an issue which is the power steering. I knew/was told the power steering was having problems didn't know how bad till I had it on the pavement when I got it to the destination. I poured some in the reservoir started up the vehicle cranked the wheel left and right for a minute and then shut the car off and saw only the fluid dripping right above the flex pipe of the muffler. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this if it is either the rack and pinion or pressure line. Any input to these two discrepancies would be great since my two uncles of back yard mechanics don't have the "time" to help i'd like to get these done as soon as possible to have something on the road. And what is the difficulty of this repair scale 1-10
3Schopstix

We cant see or touch it so we can give you general ideas/

the hoses are a real possibility and so is the rack. You need a shop to pin point the leak for you.

Both repairs are about a 6

Yea I know =/ well I did get the car propped up and found the leak. Its one of the lines that runs from the steering the other end near the passenger its right above the flex its old and rusty and just seen it oozing out would you happen to know what that line is called?

3Schopstix
Would I have to replace the whole rack and pinion or is there any way to replace JUST that line

3Schopstix