MAZDA LANTIS FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

1994 Mazda Lantis • 150,000 miles

Trying to find the fuel pump reset switch in a 1994 Mazda Lantis (known here in Australia as Astina) V6 5-speed manual. The fuel line does not seem to be blocked or damaged/leaking anywhere, I'm just not getting fuel to the injector bank.
Scotthewitt

Japanese makes do not have any fuel pump reset switches. Did you test the fuel pump and its relay?

Seeming though no-one can tell me the exact location for both the fuel pump relay and the MAIN relay, I'm at a standstill until I can find them.

Scotthewitt
We do not have any information for your vehicle but for Mazda, there are a few locations so you can try them. The fuel pump relay could be located in front of the center console under a panel on the passenger side if it is not found in the engine compartment relay box.

Have you tested the fuel pump?
At the DLC there is a F/P terminal. Apply battery voltage to it and note if the fuel pump works. You might need to turn ignition switch on.

Done and running! After replacing the whole distributor with a brand new unit, I pulled every fuse and every relay out, cleaned all terminals and metal bits, then replaced them all to a tight fit. Put everything else back together to a snug fit, cleaned and tightened the battery terminals, then key in and Varoom! All good now. Thank you for your advice.

Scotthewitt
Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.