I NEED TO RECONNECT THE DOOR KNOB CABLE OR WIRE TO THE PART THAT IT LATCHES ONTO TO LOCK THE DOOR

1994 Mazda 626 • 126,000 miles

My friend and I opened up the car door due to the power windows being stuck (my mom's car) windows work great but when replacing the door parts together again and lining up the door knob wire it came out totally we not only did not figure it out we may have a peice laying down somewherre in the inside as now the knob stays down it will not go up and when I try locking gthe door while holding the handle out, it just bounces back and will not latch but I can do it with the key. Please help I was using my mom's car and needless to say she will not be happy. Any advie or help will greatly be appreciated I am ready to do this.
Yvette_c_b50

Remove the door panle again and check the knob linkages for binding. Seems it is stuck and not allowing you to lock it manually. If you are not sure, try to get some pictures to post here so I can assist.