LINCOLN CONTINENTAL FUSE PROBLEM

1994 Lincoln Continental • 6 cylinder Automatic •

Door locks do not lock or unlock. Keyless remote entry on drivers side does not work (touchpad) Radio and clock and interior lights do not work. Replaced fuse for above but immediately blew. There was a clicking sound, like a relay under the ashtray just prior where the door locks would lock but not unlock. Is there a simple fix by replacing a relay? And where would the exact location be? Is this causing the fuse to blow?
Cob

Look in your cigar lighter for coins.I have removed several for this problem. The immediate blowing of the fuse indicates a direct short to ground. If you don't find loose coins, you will have to locate the short using a wire diagram available in most repair manuals. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a scanner so I can't send the diagram, but local parts stores should be able to help you out with manuals.

RAYMOND