HOW DO YOU CHANGE ALL THE FRONT OIL SEALS ON THE

1994 Lexus GS 300 • 200,000 miles

1994 Lexus GS300 4 dr 3.0L engine has bad oil leaks in the front of the engine both sides of the #1 and number 2 timing chain covers where they join. Everything I have read says it is the tension pulley gasket which is leaking. Looking at it how do you get it off for inspection special tools needed? Timing chain/ belt was done at 221,000 miles by local Firestone dealer then car sat for 3 years not being driven at all could they have not properly seated the lower seals? The tensioner pulley assembly looks like the original one that came with the car
Captto627

3 years? No fault there. The seals hardened up from sitting.

Yes, pullers will be required for this job. Very complicated and if you have no experience at this, you are better off letting a shop do it for you.

Have all front of engine removed how do I remove oil seals at camshaft- 2 and main pulley on oil seal? Harmonic balancer was leaking too upon inspection ordered a new one. I must admit the crankshaft bolt was ridiculous to remove even my CP twin hammer 3/4" drive 1000 lb ft torque woud not budge it.

Captto627
OK All new front oil seals replaced 2 of which crumbled when being removed. I am almost done re assembling the engine. My question is: As long as all 3 timing marks are set to 0 degrees with dual overhead cams can engine be 180 degrees out? I am not certain about bottom crank it may have been rotated without movement of the cams while the timing belt was off I have included pics of the timing marks they show that they are a hair off but they all are at 0 when rotated.

Captto627