POWER SEAT TRACK, DRIVER'S SIDE MOTOR BAD?

1994 Lexus GS 300 • 220,000 miles

First of all I must say you are awesome you have solved 3 out of 3 of my problems with this vehicle I have one more before I will leave you alone. The drivers seat will not slide back and forth all it makes is a grinding noise as if a gear was stripped. Tilts, heater, and seat back all work great just the fact that the seat will not slide fore and aft without a socket on each side and turning 3-4 turns each until desired position is met. Is there an easy fix or is it true what local shop told me parts are obsolete for the repair.
Captto627

You will have to pop the seat loose and see whats broken and let me know and I will do my best to help you find the parts.

It seems that the plastic gear on the other side of the transmission is bad or stripped the fore and aft has a motor from right to left, every seat I get from a wrecking yard is ther same. Plus they are not kind when removing them 2 were working when I tested them but when yard workers were done they did not see the 4 hidden screws to remove the seat and broke the worm gears to unbolt tracks from the floorboards. I have plenty of parts here just can't seem to get a good one. It seems like every worm drive cable is either too short? Or stripped inside. I do however have a perfect working 1994 LS 400 track here (pick ur part) with seat position memory but the wiring is totally different. However the seat does bolt up perfectly except you must transfer the seat belt reciever from the GS300 to make it work.

Captto627
Try this website http://www.parts.com see if they have any parts for it.