HOW DO YOU FIX THE OIL FILTER ADAPTER LEAK AND HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 196,000 miles

I have a oil leak coming from the oil filter adapter and need to know what tools is needed
Constance01

To remove the adaptor, I'd guess yours is leaking, you need a 9/16 allen wrench. You can if you are lucky find a bolt with a 9/16 head and use that gripped tightly on the threads in some vice grips. Snapon makes the allen wrench you need. I paid about $10 for mine I think.

The o-rings are dealer only so get a set before you start or get two sets incase you tear one getting them on the bolt. There are 3. Two on the bolt, one in the bottom of the housing.

Fixitmr
How long it will take depends on how easy the bolt comes out. Some people have had to go to drastic means to get bolt out even cutting thru adaptor to cut head off bolt. And check to make sure of the type of tool needed. It could be torx head(60) or9/16 allen head.

Fixitmr