REPLACED FUEL PUMP, CUTS OFFS WHEN BACKING UP, NO FIRE POWER

1994 Isuzu Rodeo • 164,000 miles

Had the fuel pump, filter and strainer on my 1994 isuzu rodeo 4cyl 2.6 liter replaced, because it would crank over but not start. Machanic had to tap on gas tank while I turned the switch. Started both times this happened. Decided to have those parts replaced as advised. After replacement of the parts, truck ran fine for a few days, then as I was backing up it cut off and would not start for 15 or 20 minutes. Contacted local auto parts store and explain what was happening, suggested throttle body plate was possibly covered with a carbon build-up, needed to have machanic scrape with a wire brush and spray cleaner in the housing. He says will crank, but not start. Getting fuel but no fire. Been doing some research on how the fuel system works, but have seen previous advice saying ignition module or crank sensor, do you have any suggestions? Check engine light have been popping on and off for the past month or so. Was getting ready to have diagnostic test done, but fuel pump problem happen. Any advice would be appreciated.
Difoxx2

Go to Autozone and have the computer scanned for code/s and then get back with it-we start here

Carbon build up etc on the throtte body would not affect starting. You would still be able to start when throttle is depressed.

Thanks for replies, Truck will not start at all? Called local autozones, says they don't have a computer scanner for auto's pre 1997 vehicles.

Difoxx2
What is it doing? Cranking over and refuses to start or just won't crank at all/nothing like a dead battery-Express yourself accordingly we might be able to help hook this up for you-Your shot

Thanks, I am relaying information from the person working on my vehicle. He says, my battery is fine, truck cranks over and refuses to start. Is getting gas but no spark. Could the ignition module cause it to not start?

Difoxx2
No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Thanks, have forwarded information, cannot find manual, need diagram of where crankshaft sensor is located on the rodeo?

Difoxx2
Crank Position Sensor (2.6L) On right rear of engine, on bottom of distributor.