TRANSMISSION WHINING AND LOSS OF PERFORMANCE

1994 Infiniti Q45 • 161,000 miles

Slow take off
hard shifting
no slipping
trans makes a whining noise
car struggles for power like the trans is draining the car
loss of power at 4000rpm and struggles to 6000rpm then takes a min to shift
300hpq45

Hi again. I just read your response to the first post. If there is a warning light on, you need to have the computer scanned to identify where the problem is coming from. Many parts stores will do it for free. However, not all of them have a good enough scanner to read trans codes.

Sorry im new to using these car forums

300hpq45
No problem! I thought it was regarding the same vehicle. My last response is what I recommend. There are so many sensors, solenoids. That can go bad, without scanning the computer, it becomes a guessing game. Therefore, have it scanned. It should point you to the problem.

No codes popped up

300hpq45
If no codes came up, it needs to be driven / checked by a tech. Anything I would say from this point would be a guess.

Think the filter is clogged

300hpq45
Ok wat about blowing black smoke from tail pipe and like struggling for power running priemium gas

300hpq45
Black smoke usually indicates a rich fuel mixture. Check to make sure the fuel pressure regulator is working properly.

Do you know where tht is located on the car and I'm getting extremely low mpgs like 5miles to the gallon

300hpq45