MY TRUCK WONT START RIGHT AWAY AND WHEN IT RUNS THERES GREYISH WHITE SMOKE COMING OUT THE TAILPIPE.

1994 Honda Passport • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

I just replaced the starter on my passport and that didnt fix the problem. My suv clicks and shuts the power off like as if my battery is dead or something, then when I get it started it runs alittle rough for a few seconds and then is runs smooth. Meanwhile theres greyish white smoke coming out the tail pipe badly.I was told that greyish white smoke meant moisture in the exhaust but it is hot where I live so there is no moisture anywhere near my vehicle. Then as I take off in a acceleration from sitting still for so long it sputters alittle then runs fine. What is the problem and how do I fix it?This problem came out of nowhere and I take emaculant care of my vehicle.
Shawns25

Did the car overheat? From your description, the white smoke is coming from a blown head gasket.

Start with getting a leak down test to rule out the head gasket.

Greyish smoke is an indication of oil burning. Most probably the valve seals are bad. As to the non starting, check the ignition switch and battery terminal connections.