HONDA OTHER BRAKES PROBLEM

1994 Honda Other • 237,000 miles

The master cylinder on my Honda Integra has been replaced now the car won't roll freely and the brakes are very sensitive.

GarryBaxter

Was the push rod adjustable?

Iam not sure, I am looking at buying the car and won't be picking the car up until monday if I do buy the car and was just looking for an answer prior to commiting to the purchase, I thought it was an adjustment problem but not sure where to start.

GarryBaxter
Some of the pushrods that go into the rear of the MC are adjustable. If it is over adjusted, it could cause this problem. Also, there could a caliper sticking, brakes could be over adjusted, you could have a bad brake hose not releasing pressure.

If you get the car, get back with me and we will try to figure out the problem.

I will

GarryBaxter
I hope I can help.

Hi Joe
I just picked up the Integra and was wondering where would suggest I start?
Is the adjustment of the Master Cylinder internal or external?
If I Jacked the Car up should the wheels spin the same?
The car has disc brakes all around so I'm not sure on how to adjust the calipers.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Garry

GarryBaxter
Hi: You can't adjust disc brakes. As far as the master cylinder, you need to remove it from the brake booster to see if the push rod is adjustable.

I removed the Master cylinder and couldn't see anything that was adjustable.
I then jacked each tyre up and the rear 2 moved with a slight scraping sound.
The front right was a bit tighter but the front left was alot tighter than the others.
You mentioned earlier that a caliper may be sticking, if so how would you free it up?
Garry

GarryBaxter