HONDA OTHER EXHAUST PROBLEM

1994 Honda Other • 20,000 miles

I have a 1994 honda cbr 600 f2. My question is I replaced exhaust with One from a 1992 cbr 600 f2. Why is my engine smoking and smells of oil. Could timing be off? If so what do I have to do to time the bike. What is my issue?
Amorydmartinez

The exhaust replacement should have nothing to do with the smoking.
Where is the smoke coming from?
How long have you been running the engine after replacement of the exhaust?

Is coming from valve cover and it was because I put exhaust on incoorectly I adjusted em and it fixed it took it for a run blew out all gunk collected in exhaust and she stopped smoking. It needs a tune up. But had no oil so I put oil and now she doesn't smoke.

Amorydmartinez
So the problem has been resolved?

Yes had same problem with my bmw doing a cylinder head swap was just not in tdc and was missing but all issue resolved and exhaust is correct in place. Thanks for the help guys. I always turn to you when I need advice. I am in training to be a certified mechanic its my passion. One last question what is timing specs for a 1994 honda cbr 600 f2? I see timing marks but they don't help they are all warped by normal wear and tear.

Amorydmartinez
Sorry we don't have any technical info for your bike. We only have information for cars and some trucks.