COOLANT IS BOILING OUT OF THE OVERFLOW TANK

1994 Honda Civic • 23,700 miles

I think I have an intake gasket leak on a 1994 honda civic. It boils the radiator fluid back out the overflow tank. I never let it over-heat, but I keep having to use anti freeze constantly - like a gallon every 100 miles. Any additives that may help? The guy I bought it from had the head gasket and radiator replaced 2 1/2 years ago.
Jimmybaby123

Try replacing the radiator cap first. When they get weak they will let excessive fluid into the overflow as the spring is not strong enough, or the seal is bad, to hold the pressure when you turn car off. The car actually gets hotter and coolant pressure gets higher when car is turned off.
If that does not work, it could be the intake gasket. Depending on which engine you have though, they are not many places for that to happen and you would have bad performance. The best thing to do would be to have a coolant system pressure test done.
You can borrow the test tool at a Auto Zone or Advance Auto. Also see how long it takes for pressure to leak out of coolant system if it holds pressure. They should be able to give you specs at store and in instructions for test tool.