MY EX STALLS

1994 Honda Accord • 150,000 miles

My 1994 honda accord idel and runs fine, but when I put it in any gear it stalls, I have to keep my foot on the gas and brake to keep it going, and when I come to a stop I have to shift to neutral so it won't stall out, I have checked for vaccum leaks and cleaned the carburator inside, replaced the distributor cap rotor button and coil, need help please.
Ewmurray

Idle control motor may be partially blocked. The base isle may be too low.

When did this start?

It started a week ago my wife said she went though some water covering the road real slow, and went on to work, when she got off to go home that's when it started.

Ewmurray
I don't think you have a carburettor. You must be refering to the throttle body.
Are there any abnormal engine noises?
What is the idling speed?
Any changes in idling speed when A/C is turned on?

No abnormal engine noises, idle 800-1000, idle up when ac turned on, I can go start with the engine cold, it fast idle and as it warms up it idle down to normal speed, shimmy and stall when put in gear, could it be the automatic transmission clutch sticking, or fuel system problem.

Ewmurray
The idling speed should be stable at 700-800 rpm when at operating temperature. When A/c is turned on, it should maintain the same rpm.

If the rpm wanders at idle, it can mean the valve needs adjustment.

Car idle at a stable 800 rpm and hold a 800 rpm when ac turn on could it be the catalast converter sense she went though the water?

Ewmurray
Not likely. I would still suggest checking the valve clearances.