BRAKE LIGHTS STAY ON

1994 Honda Accord • 192,000 miles

Noticed my brake lights were staying on. Looked at brake light switch and noticed the plastic backing was broke. I unplugged the brake light switch and the lights went out. I was also thinking it was bad so I would just replace it so I took it out. I got a new backing from Honda and they said they doubt the switch was bad. So I just go the backing and put it in and put the old switch back in and now the brake lights won't work at all. I called Honda and got the new brake light switch and put that in as well. And again no brake lights. What could I have done?
Will2829

Check your fuses first then see if you are getting power in and out of the switch. It may be a bulb burnt out as a coincidence.

I checked all fuses and they are fine. I even disconnected the battery hoping that it would reset something.

Will2829
See I fyouget poser in and out of the switch. Then there is an integerated fuse relay under the left kick panel, seeif power goes in/out of that then there is a brake light failure sensor on left tailight h you have to check all of those.

If you have a test light, check the brake switch connector for battery voltage at the White/Yellow wire. If voltage is available, use a fused jumper to connect this wire with the Green/White and check if the brake lights turn on.

Fuse under the hood was the issue. I didn't know this vehicle had two fuse panels. Thank you

Will2829
Fuse that are supposed to be hot at all times are mostly underhood.