HEADLIGHT PROBLEMS

1994 Ford Taurus • 160,000 miles

REALLY REALLY need help. My right headlight keeps exploding inside the headlight glass doom(?). And now the left headlight has gone out in the pre-dawn hours leaving me on the road in traffic with no headlights. Talk abut shitting yourself! I noticed there is moisture build up inside the glass headlights (around the entire piece where the tiny bulb slides into) always moisture in there beadings of water. What can I do? Its a 94' I don't have $$$$ to check for bad wiring. Up inside it. The bulbs keep blowing out. I am out of a job and need my car like you need oxygen. PLEASE.
Raven1957

You found the cause already. There can't be any moisture inside that can get onto the bulb. The housings are so well sealed that there even needs to be a rubber o-ring around the base of the bulb.

There have been service bulletins for other car models that describe where to drill a small drain hole in the bottom of the housing so leaked-in water or condensation can run out. Many newer housings even have small rubber drain tubes on the bottom.

Also be absolutely certain you never touch the glass part of the bulb with your fingers. Fingerprint grease will burn into the glass and cause a failure of the new bulb.