REPLACED FUEL PUMP NOW TRUCK WON'T START

1994 Ford Sierra • 240,000 miles

I replaced my in tank fuel pump on my 1994 Ford Ranger. After installing it and trying to start it you can't even hear the pump run. It cranks but won't start. I checked the relay and it is good. I also tried to reset the inertia fuel shutoff switch but that doesn't work either. What could be the problem?
Tankphoenix

First off why was the pump replaced was it having a starting issue before? If not then it is most likly possible that the wiring to connector is not wired correctly unless it was direct plug. Any other issues like fuel guage not reading? And have you checked for power to pump? And not real likly but I have seen it a defect fuel pump is possible.

Jjimenez8891
My fuel gauge suddenly stopped working one day then after that it wouldn't start. I would hit the gas tank and it would cause the fuel pump to kick in and start working but after a while that stopped working too so I just replaced the fuel pump.

Tankphoenix
Recheck your install you might have some bad wires in tank or something disconected. If you replaced it you shold have pressure.

I started checking everything by starting at the fuel pump and making my way forward. I tested the relay as well and it's working. The fuel pump is not getting power but at the wiring harness it is showing power. I'm not sure why. All wiring checks out there are no bad or loose connections. The fuel pump doesn't make any noise of any kind. I removed the whole fuel sending unit and checked all the connections and everything is connected correctly, there's just no power going to the pump.

Tankphoenix
The wire may be bad inside the tank to the pump. That is a very fine wire andcan break very easily.

Okay I checked all those wires and they are all good. It seems like I'm running out of options here. I don't know what else to check unless I just got sold a bad fuel pump.

Tankphoenix
It may be a bad pump

Just wanted to update you all. It ended up being a bad fuse in the fuse block under the hood, the fuse to the main computer. I replaced it and now the truck is running smooth like it should be. Thanks for all your help.

Tankphoenix