WOULD A CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER NEED TO BE REPLACED WHEN REPLACING THE STARTER AND FLYWHEEL?

1994 Ford Ranger • 169 miles

The starter and flywheel were changed out by my mechanic and I later found out that after reassembly he couldn't get a good clutch pedal pressure. He installed a new clutch master cylinder and still could not get a good pedal. Question, was this human error in not getting a good pedal and was the clutch cylinder neccessary?
Integrityrob

Sometimes when a clutch system has been opened up, and you need to re bleed the system, if the clutch master is at all suspect it will fail during the bleeding process, this can also be true for the slave cylinder if the master is new and the system has been bleed correctly the slave can also let go, that is why many mechanics like to install a new slave and master if there is any doubt, expecially if the slave is an internal unit and to replace it requires the removal of the box again, I suppose that this is a long explanation to say that these things can happen and ii feel that it is just a coincidence.

Mhpautos
The only things were replaced was the starter and flywheel-Now replacing the flywheel might require clutch adjustment such as free pedal and height-Have him check the clutch master cylinder and the clutch slave and also bleed the system

Thank you for your response. He did adjust pedal but could not get air out of the line all day long. He replaced the master cylinder and it still had air and gave him problems getting a good pedal. Is it fair I pay for the new master cylinder after he misdiagnosed the problem, obviously. Thank you

Integrityrob
You shouldn't -He call that upon himself, he didn't study it well to get to the cause of the problem