I NEED TO REPLACE LOWER BALL JOINT WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS AS FAR AS DIS-ASSEMBLY AND REASSEMBLY.

1994 Ford Ranger • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 300,000 miles

Hi, I need to replace my front passenger lower ball joint on my truck.
What is the best way to do this as far as dis-assembly and reassembly.
Can I just take the ball joint off by itself and replace it?
Oauto

Yes the ball joint will come off, but it isn't quite that easy. You need a ball joint fork to seperate it from the control arm. Because this is a potential safety issue, I recommend getting a manual for your vehicle that has step by step instructions. For me to explaine it via the Internet allows too much room for error.

I tried to submit a donation via paypal and it said that it could not find the 2carpros page, please let me know if the donation went through

Oauto
I have all the tools to do this work, fork, press, etc.
I just want to know if I have to take the whole spindle off, or if I can just take off and replace the ball joint by itself without having to take all the other parts off?

Oauto
Based on which one you are replacing, the spindle will drop when the ball joint is removed. It isn't too hard to do, but it is easy for me to miss something via the internet. I hope you understand.

I don't normally do this, but go to this webpage. You may have to sign in with a user name, but it is free. The link I have attached is for ball joint replacement/Ranger 2wd

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?fromSearchPage=true&pageId=0996b43f802c550c&partName=Ball+Joints&partId=0996b43f802c550c