FORD PROBE THROTTLE BODY PROBLEM

1994 Ford Probe • 100,000 miles

I have a 1994 ford probe that I just replaced the throttle body on, a large amount of antifreeze leaked out while I did it, I replaced it and brought it back to normal levels. However, now when I start the car, after about a minute, it starts this rythmatic bouncing of the rpm's, from about 1000-1500.
Romangalas

Did you replace the gasket as well? Check for vacuum leaks

why did you replace it? New or used?

New gasket, I replaced the throttle body because before it would idle too low and die while driving. Now it doesn't die. I checked all the hoses and the throttle body for vacuum leaks, didn't find any. Someone suggested it may be a sensor or maybe a setting on the throttle body.

Romangalas
Ive looked around online for similar situations, something called a fast idle valve? Does my Ford have this and could it be the issue

Romangalas
Idle air control valve and yes, it is on the top of the intake. It is a common failure and it does need to be set up when done.

Once again, new or used body?

It's a used body.

Romangalas
Ok, start by throwing that one away and put your old one back on. Clean it up real good with cleaner. Then address the isle air control.

You think the body is bad? Would brake cleaner be best? ShouldI soak it in brake cleaner?

Romangalas
THERE'S ALSO A PROCESS THAT IS SOMETIMES NECESSARY ON THESE WILD NEW RIGS."IDLE RELEARN"

ME BEING A CARBURETOR KINDA GUY----ROY (ASEMaster6371) WILL HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW IF IT APPLIES TO YOURS OR NOT

KEEP IT UP.Y'ALL WILL GET 'ER DONE!