F150 PUSH BUTTON 4WD LIGHTS ON DASH WON'T COME ON, WON'T ENGAGE

1994 Ford F-150 • V8 • 280,000 miles

I have a 1994 F150 4x4 Auto with push button 4 WD. I push the button and no lights (hi or lo) light on the dash. I don't hear the clicking I used to hear either. About a year ago I would hea the clicking and the lights wouldn't come on and it wouldn't engage, so I took the engaging motor out and cleaned and lubed and it worked fine. Now nothin g happens. No clicking no lights. Please help to trouble shoot.
Mrtoybox

Without saying actuator.

I am not familiar with your vehicle

Insure you have checked all locations for fuses, your owners manual may shed some light. Or not!

This could also be a relay problem. Or just something got unplugged under there!

Any fuse that you believe is related, take it out, and reinstall it several times, this might "scrape" away, minute corrosion spots on the fuse terminals. Do this for wire connectors too

Dielectric grease, can be a connections best friend. Corroded fuses too!

I know.I have 2 "Real Jeeps"

Sometimes, you have the exact same relay(s), performing another function.

Sometimes swap a "UNIMPORTANT MATCH", with the one in question. Such as the horn, mirrors, Etc. NOT! The fuel pump, etc!

Let me know what's going on, I'll be here maybe 2 more hours.

Sometimes I can find diagrams with relay locations

The Medic