HOW AWESOME IS IT TO HAVE A PUSH BUTTON START IN A 2 WHEEL DRIVE?

1994 Ford Explorer • 26,000 miles

How awesome is it to have a push button start in a 1994 ford explorer 2 wheel drive?
Chrisrdavis

Push button was used in vehicles earlier than the 1970's when ignition switches had not been invented. I don't find anything special about that and if you have money to burn, nothing wrong too.

I dont know?When I got my 1978 camaro some had a push button to start it. The first thing I did was fix it to start with the key again.

Saturntech9, lol, I had to do some push button modifiations when I could not find any replacement ignition switches.

The key switch in my explorer only works just to power the fuel pump and everything else wouldnt turn the starter so I rigged a few wires here and there and got it to turn with the push button I plan on adding more auxiliary stuff to it soon

Chrisrdavis
I was thinking you wanted to rig the switch to make it for ego's sake.

If you don't want to change the bad ignition switch, that is the next best alternative.

The reason my camaro had a horn push button to start it wasnt because the parts wernt available it was because they didnt know how to diagnose the problem and that was there way of fixing it.

SEE MY 1ST ANSWER IN THIS POST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1977-jeep-cj5-ignition-trouble

I HAVE A BRAND NEW SACRIFICIAL IGNITION SWITCH TO USE, WAITIN' TO FIND JUST THE RIGHT AIRCRAFT TOGGLES