1.9 DO I HAVE TO USE THE SAME COUPLING DEVICE ON RUBBER FUEL LINE TO CONNECT TOFUEL RAIL METAL LINE OR CAN I USE ANOTHER TYPE

1994 Ford Escort • 122,000 miles

Hard to find spring lock coupling for car can I use other type? Flexible fuel line---coupling from line to fuel rajil do you have picture of where the line that dips under the car--assume it goes to gas tank but does it have interruption to hook onto what k ind of fitting is that? Can be taken loose to replace
Sunnysue999

What did you do? Change motors? What problem are you having? Cant get line apart? They make cheap release tool.

Fixitmr
Here's a pic of male end. Other end is just strate tubing with small flare to snap under spring inside. Even with spring released they pull apart hard from age I twist when removing they can be very stubborn.

Fixitmr
You are saying that I cant use anything else for a connector? Yes or nn---- this fuel line is hissing---it was loose and I tightened it but the car runs reaally bad---not much power, roars when you give it the gas vibrates shudders it is running so bad -is allof this-CAused by fuel line hole- it is not leaking gasoline--just hisses when engine running at idel engine smooths out abit when going faster

Sunnysue999
Those connectors are for convenience/safety. You say lane has a hole but no gas comes out? Maybe you can post a pic of what you are describing?

Fixitmr
I HAVE BOUGHT NEW PARTS-- COUPLINGS FOR THESE FUEL LINES--DO I STILL HAVE TO TAKE OLD COUPLING APART TO INSTALL NEW COUPLINGS (THEY COME WITH NEW GARTER SPRINGS AND O RINGS)

Sunnysue999
We just arn't communicating well. I still dont know what the exact problem is or what you are trying to do with it. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. If you are able to replace old with new then that would be fine.

Fixitmr
AM REPLACING SPRING LOADED COUPLING AS PER PHOTO--ALREADY BOUGHT NEW PARTS--BUT CAN'T GERT FUEL LINE OFF--PULL IT DOWN REA HARD, IT KEEPS POPPPING BACK ON---WHAT IS BLACK COVERING ON COUPLING PER PICTURE---IT IS ONE THE PIECE UNDER THE FUEL LINE

Sunnysue999
Most likely an O-ring. Before getting any deeper into this I would check compression on the engine. These Escort engines from this time frame had a bad habit of dropping the intake valve seat. Is it snapping and popping at all?

Rivermikerat
WHEN CAR IS SITTING JUST IDLING IT DOESNT HAVE ANY POPPIN OR SNAPPING. NUMBER ONE PISTON VALVE HAS A BIT OF A CLICK--LIKE YOU WOULD GET IF IT NEEDED OIL OR WAS OUT OF ADJUSTMENT. ; HOW WOULD THIS CAUSE IT TO ROAR AND SURGE AND SHAKE SHUDDER WHEN PUSHING GAS PEDAL IN, TO GO, TO GO FASTER--- HOW DO I DO COMPRESSION CHECK?

Sunnysue999
Rent or borrow a tool from a parts store. Remove a spark plug and screw the tester fitting into the spark plug opening. Crank the engine over 5-10 times tops. Read the gauge. Release the pressure, remove the fitting and hose, replace the plug, and move to the next.

Roaring is possibly an exhaust leak. Surging and shaking is probably a vacuum leak. Vacuum leaks can be found using carb cleaner.

Rivermikerat
Page 1 of 2