WHY WOULD MY AEROSTAR SUDDENLY LOOSE ALL POWER WHILE DRIVING AND AFTER THIS WILL TURN OVER BUT NOT START

1994 Ford 500 • 220,000 miles

While driving 60, my ford Aerostar Xl 1994 3.0 v6 suddenly lost all power (also watched oil gauge drop and seemed to hear a click under the INSIDE working flap near distributer) and engine died while driving in gear. Pulled over, battery was bad so tried a jump. The van turned over but WOULD NOT start and still has not. Put new battery in still no start. When I turn the key it turns over like normal it's just the engine will not kick and start up. There is a good amount of pressure I believe in fuel rail by just poking schrader valve. Last I checked the spark plug hoses and one had the rubber outside popped it seemed the size of a pinky fingernail. Thank you soo much.
AerostarXl

You eed to check the fuel pressure with a gauge. You need about 40 lbs

check for spark at plugs.

Does the motor even turn?

Yes Motor turns it just seems there's no combustion and I am yet to acquire a spark wrench to check spark is there any other way is there any specific problem you know of that would cause a car to stall while driving and not start up again. Ps thanks for the help

AerostarXl
A failed fuel pump is a common issue

I was going over that in my head but it's been a few weeks and if there's still pressure in the Schader when I turn the key that would mean the pump was good?

AerostarXl
Nope. A specific value is required. Thats why you need a gauge to measure the actual pressure.

Right on thanks again autozone should hold it?

AerostarXl
Yep, they can rent it to you.