DODGE VAN STARTER PROBLEM

1994 Dodge Van • 15,300 miles

My ignition wont start the vehicle. I thought it was the starter and changed it but after replacing it it is still not starting. The last owner told me the key ignition needed to be switched out because someone tried to steal the van and messed with the ignition. What should I do? Can you tell me what problems you might see this being?

I am changing out the ignition switch today but I am worried it wont start again. There is no clicking when I turn the key switch and I have a new starteer in there. The old one was totally dead. The battery is at a 100 percent.

Thank you!

Faeble
Faeble

The problem here could be the ignition switch, starter relay and transmission range switch-

Did you try cranking in neutral? Check for voltage at the starter, use a voltage tester. Any testing at the starter, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set. Brown wire goes hot with key in the crank position. Red wire is hot all the time. The info I looked at was for B150 ram van.

Hey ras, didn't see your post. Maybe you guys can use a wiring diagram, if that is the right one? Have a good day.

No problema-JD- appreciate the pic

Is it an Automatic or Manual Transmission?

It is a B2500 automatic.

I did try starting it in Neutral and will try again. But before it was starting right up. No problems. Then just stopped. For a bit there was a clicking after turning the key and now nothing.

Faeble
Do what JDL suggested-get a helper and let us know if you have power on the brown wire at the starter motor-Earlier I gave the possibilities