I DROVE MY 160 MILES. THE FIRST 80 WERE FINE. THE LAST 80 WERE NOT. THE BOGGED DOWN, HAD TROUBLE ON SMALL INCLINES, WOULDN'T GO OVER 60MPH, AND THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON. I PULLED OVER AND SAT FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THE STARTED UP WITH NO

1994 Dodge Truck • 17,500 miles

I don't know what the problem is or where to begin.

Danny24

Check fuel pump pressure.

Would the truck still run

Danny24
Since the MIL had came on, get a scan done to retrieve the trouble codes and see what is causing it. It could be the fuel pressure but others can also cause the problem.

As to how the truck would perform, it would depend on what is causing the problem and without understand what is causing it, there is no possibility of saying if it would run well.

If the engine can be started, yes you can continue to run it but you should get it checked asap. Most parts stores provides free scanning services, get them to scan it for you first.

What do these mean: memory to controller has been cleared within 50-100 engine starts. Low engine temperature, possible thermostat fault. Part throttle unlock(PTU) circuit, open or short detected. Air/fuel at limit

Danny24
Where did you get these?

I looked up how to get the codes by counting the blinks of the engine sign. It gave me 12, 17, 37, and 51.

Danny24
Which engine do you have?

Code 12

DRB displays BATTERY DISCONNECT. Condition is: Direct battery input to Powertrain Control Module (PCM) disconnected within last 50 key-on cycles.

Code 17

DRB displays ENGINE IS COLD TOO LONG. Condition is: coolant temperature stays less than normal operating temperature during vehicle operation.

Code 37

DRB displays TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH SOLENOID CIRCUIT. Condition
is: open or shorted condition detected in torque converter clutch solenoid circuit.

Code 37

DRB displays TRANS TEMP SENSOR VOLTAGE TOO LOW. Condition is: voltage low at transmission temperature sensor.

Code 37

DRB displays TRANS TEMP SENSOR VOLTAGE TOO HIGH. Condition is: voltage high at transmission temperature sensor.

Code 51

DRB displays O2S STAYS BELOW CENTER (LEAN). Condition is: oxygen sensor input indicates lean air/fuel ratio during engine operation.

It is the 318

Danny24