THAT DIES WHEN COMING TO A STOP.

1994 Dodge Spirit • 6 cylinder •

I have a 1994 Dodge Spirit that likes to die on me sometimes daily when I come to a stop. It always starts back up, but this is a real problem if I get stuck sitting in traffic. Took my car to a auto parts place and they could not find anything other then the Throttle control sensor, seems bad as engine revs up and down, but they didn't think that would cause it to stall out like it does. Going to try and get fuel filter replaced, but I have been told it could be many things that is causing this to happen. Anyone have any ideas?
Jaxie52

First eliminate all vacuum or air leaks in the system. You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.

Wrenchtech
Thank you very much for the info! Will give that a shot, hope it works!

Jaxie52