DODGE DAKOTA OIL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1994 Dodge Dakota • 251,000 miles

My v8 has recently been having oil pressure issues when im slowing down under about 1000rpm or when I start it normally the oil pressure gauge drops to zero and the light comes on, ive changed the oil pressure sensor because it was leaking but I still have the light and gauge problems and I believe another sensor is leaking oil near my transmission?
Mjm2198

This oil pressure sensor that you've replaced is it on the rear of the intake manifold near the distributor if it is-That's the oil pressure switch are you using a mechanical gauge to read the oil pressure or the gauge itself-let me know-No or low oil pressure points to the oil pump and engine bearings-

What weight oil ya runnin? If pressure IS actually low, try 20/50 or 10/30 with a stabilizer like LUCAS. Stabilizer I s great for ANY weight oil though. Can even slow/stop small leaks. Or do the right thing and replace worn parts.

Fixitmr
Rasmataz- yes its the one next to the distributor and no just the gauge in the dash. Fixitmr-normally ran 5/30 until problem began then moved up to 10/30, but yes ive heard a couple recommendations on lucas I just wasnt sure what I should do.

Mjm2198
So get a mechanical reading and if OK try replacing sender before tearing into motor. If sender is leaking it's likely out of spec anyway.

Fixitmr
Ok ill try that, but I found out it was leaking because it broke in half, but thank you for the help, ill give it a shot.

Mjm2198