CAR SHUTS OFF AFTER EVER START

1994 Chrysler 300 • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 2,348,079 miles

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3.0L, V6. I replaced my old starter with a new starter, now when I start it I got to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep it running. If I take my foot off the accelerator it just shuts off again and again.
Plymouth94

Check and test the idle air control motor and the EGR valve

Hi guys. The battery was disconnected. The Engine Computer lost its memory and has to relearn "minimum throttle" before it will know when it must be in control of idle speed. It also might not give you the normal "idle flare-up" to 1500 rpm when you start the engine. To meet the conditions for the relearn to take place, drive at highway speed with the engine warmed up, then coast for at least seven seconds without touching the brake or gas pedals.

Thank you, that really worked, never thought of it but it did make sense. Back to normal.

Plymouth94
Hey; I only know three things, and that was one of them. Rasmatz gave you the more likely answer, but the clue was the battery was disconnected to replace the starter.