DOES A CHEVY 1500 HAVE A THREADED POWER STEERING PULLEY?

1994 Chevrolet Truck • 17,400 miles

I need to replace my power steering pump, but can't seem to get the pulley off to get to it. Help me please?
1sarazeh

There is a special puller that you need for that. There also is an installer. It pulls off and presses on.

We got a gear puller, but the dang thing just will not come off. I've been trying all day yesterday and today, it just won't budge. I had 3 guys out there trying to get it off, and none of them could get it either.

1sarazeh
A gear puller won't work, you need the special one that fits on end of the pulley and will pull it right. You may have bent teh one on there now. You also need the special installer.

Do you know what the tool is called?

1sarazeh
A power steering puller and the other is a p/s installer it's for a saginaw pump.

Where would I be able to find both of them?

1sarazeh
Try an auto parts store, if not there then go to a garage and pay them to do it for you.

I went to a part store and told the guy what I was trying to do and he gave me that gear/pulley puller, so I'm confused.

1sarazeh
There is not picture of the puller to show you what it looks like. If you don't have the right one it won't come off. My advice is to take it to a grage and have them remove an dreinstall the new pulley for you.