94 L65 (VIN F) STALLS WHEN WARM

1994 Chevrolet Truck • 250,000 miles

My 94 chevy diesel 6.5 turbo diesel keeps stalling I have relocated the PMD from a plate above the engine to down into the bumper It helped for about 6 months or so but now it is doing it again in the past there was a small leak by the fuel filter I replaced all the low pressure fuel lines, the fuel filter and fuel pump relay, the last time it stalled the pickup pump fuel bowl the pickup pump had a loose wire I purged the air and got it about a block and it stalled again but this time the pickup was pumping
is there a way to test the fuel shutoff solenoid? Is the pmd finally finished can I test it I have a new one but don't want to put it in until I get this entire problem resolved I also don't get any reading on my temp gauge I tested the circuit by grounding the green wire and it did read max hotI then replaced the coolant temp sensor with no change I have good ground at the casing I even grounded the casing connected the green wire and put it in boiling water and the gauge still read low. I have tried to follow wiring diagrams but seem to be stuck with both problems
Thaks
Davewithdiesel

Does it fire back up easily when it stalls if so the injection pump is failing-if you have to wait check the PMD

When I moved the old pmd just bought time is that why the move made the problem stop for a while? Does it have to wait everytime it stalls to be the pmd? And the pmd is not as hot now that it is moved after a stall

Davewithdiesel
It points to the PMD if you have to wait-

Should I put heatsink compound between the pmd and the mounting plate or anything between there
?

Davewithdiesel
If you think it will work try it and see what happens

Installed new pmd seems to run great feels like more power Going for another test drive in a few but noticed the fuel gauge rises and falls with the sloshing of the fuel when I punch it or hit the breaks am I looking at the baffle needing to be replaced? Or am I lucky enough to have to replace the fuel tank senting unit
float

Davewithdiesel
It ran for about an hour filled the tank and started to head home and it stalled again started with in a min of it stalliing twice more stalled on the way home I think maybe the enjection pump is on iits way too
?

Davewithdiesel