WHEN I PRESS THE GAS PEDAL FROM A STOP MY CAR DOESNT ACCELERATE, WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

1994 Chevrolet Corsica • 152,000 miles

From a stop I will press on the gas and it struggles to shift into 2nd gear and into 3rd gear, the rpm's rev up high and no power to accelerate to speed then all of a sudden it pops into 2nd gear and same thing into 3rd gear. After it gets into 3rd gear it shifts fine into 4th gear what could this be?
Lilwolfy420

Sounds like an internal failure in the trans. Beyond checking the fluid, there is not much you can do.

I have checked the fluids and its is full. Ive also taken a quart out and put in a quart of lucas in to see if it wld help the slippage. One person has told me the vaccum hose is clogged, and a friend of mine that is a mechanic told me it is the torque converter going bad.

Lilwolfy420
If the fluid is good, then it is internal. You need a trans shop to determine the failure.