I PUT A NEW FUEL PUMP, FUEL PUMP RELAY AND FUSE IN IT, STILL NOT GETTING FUEL TO THE RAIL??

1994 Cadillac Concours

It was run out of fuel, the old pump was bad, put in a new one along with a relay and fuse, but im still not gettin fuel at the rail, an the pump aint kickin on
Aaronhefner

Does the fuel pump fuse have power to both sides of it while cranking the engine over?

It has power to one side, not the other

Aaronhefner
If the fuse only has power on 1 side its no good.U may have all this work for nothing.

Cadieman
The fuse is good, and the relay an pump is good, is there anythang else it could be?

Aaronhefner
If the fuse is good, there must be power at both sides of it. If you have replaced the fuse, recheck it again. If it is blown again, you have a short somewhere.

If not you would have to trace an open in the circuit from relay to the fuel pump.

Well what had happend was the guy let it run out of gas an burnt the pump up, its got me pullin my hair out. So the best thang would be to trace wires back to the pump from the relay?

Aaronhefner
If the fuse has blown again, yes. Disconnect the fuel pump connector and test if it blows again or you can use the terminal at fuel pump relay to fuel pump wire to check for continuity to body with fuel pump wire disconnected.

Sup all khl hit it right on the head ty.1 more thing a fuse can look good and test bad. Gl all

Cadieman
Thanks for the assits guys lets see what they find.