WHY DOES MY TURN SIGNAL FUSE KEEP BLOWING,? I HAVE NO TURN SIGNALS.

1994 Cadillac Concours • 165,000 miles

My turn signals and flashers stopped working, I took it in to my mechanic and he told me it was the turn signal switch. I replaced the switch. Before this the fuse was blowing for the turn signals. So I replaced the switch and fuse, then I turned the car on and the turn signal worked momentarily and stopped. So I checked the fuse again and it blew. What next? I dont know if theres a short or what. What do I do?
CHEF1

The wiring is shorted out before or after the switch

I just put a brand new turn signal switch in. Do I follow the wiring from the connector to the fuse panel in the trunk?

CHEF1
Check it at the connector to the fuse block

Thank you for your imformation, turns out that the fuse that was rated for the system is the wrong fuse, it says it requires a 10 amp. Checked the box with amp. Meter and it turns out to require a 20 amp. Fuse. So much for schematics in the book. Thank you for your help. Turn signals are working fine now.

CHEF1
Your welcome